Friday, December 30, 2011

Why I'm Not Playing SW:TOR

I'd been thinking about it, but fears of WoW-creep have lingered.  I spent about 5 years in WoW, I'm not going back.  There are some features of a character driven MMO that are appealing in a way that Internet Spaceships is not.  Incarna was a botched attempt at this, but does show that having an avatar is something many players want.  I loved gearing up my Hunter, but got frustrated with the constant "gear resets" that each patch added.  So deep in the recesses of my brain, I have been hoping for SW:TOR to swoop in, beloved droids bee-booping and lightsabers flashing and sweep me off my feet.

Then Poetic posted a link to this.  Images of dancing in Orgrimmar waiting for Raid/BG/Dungeon/Something to Grind flooded into my brain.  And the interface looks... identical?

No thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment