Thursday, February 9, 2012

Blog-a-Day 19: CSM7


Poetic Stanziel sometimes posts community discussion questions, with the most recent being:
Question #019
Do you know who you will be voting for in the upcoming CSM7 elections? If not, who are you following closely?

Here is my response:

First off, I have not decided who I will vote for.  I will not be voting for null bloc candidates, as I assume they will have no trouble getting the votes needed.  Those blocs will game the system a bit to try and split the other voting blocs, which are much less organized.  Others have written about this already, and Mittens has talked about the shortcomings and benefits of the CSM voting system in more than a few places.  I am also not terribly concerned about most of the incumbents.  If they are running again, a vote for them is effectively a referendum vote.

I am following a few candidates though, so here are my thoughts on the ones I am aware of.  And yes, I used most of Seismic Stan's links for the candidates, because although I have been browsing Jita Park, it was easier.

I have a post up already on this guy.  He seems to have given a fair amount of thought to his campaign and approach to the CSM.  He seems focused on iteration over transformation.  As CCP seem more amenable to sharing iteration ideas as compared to overhaul ideas, this seems to be a good tactic.  He doesn’t talk about null or WH space, and states other candidates who will be elected can intelligently fill those roles on the CSM.  I like him so far.

CHRIBBA!  CHRIBBA! CHRIBBA!  But seriously...

I like E-Uni, and spent some time there on an alt, and contributed to the Wiki a bit while I was learning my way around Eve.  So all due respect to a great organization.  Campaign wise, I can’t tell what the heck Kelduum stands for.  He polled for support internally, then went silent.  He half announced, then went silent.  Since then most of his statements seem to be more platitudes than platform planks.  Further reading of the forum thread has done little to swat me to vote for Kelduum.  I have hope that this campaign will pick up and gain some content, but for now I cannot throw my support to Kelduum over other High Sec candidates.

He seems to be another level headed candidate, but I cannot say I know much about him.  His forum post is nice, and touts some accomplishments.  Unfortunately as I have seen him touting himself until now, and all CSM minutes were attributed to "the CSM", it is hard for me to judge his previous efforts.  This may be a shortcoming of my internet reading, but there it stands for me.

A self proclaimed man of few words.  Those words are interesting, but not terribly informative.  I'll keep an eye on this one to see if anything interesting develop.

ALL SECS IS GOOD SECS!  HIGH SECS IS DEPPENDIGNBLE LIKES LADY YOUS MARRIAGED TOO.  LOW SECS LIKES LAST CALLINGS.  NULL SECS ARE  VER BEST SECS BUT ALL SECS IS MAENIGNFULS.  WORMHOLES ARE WEIRD SECS, LIKE TIMES BE GOIGNS TO TIGUANAS.  POASTING TO CONFIRMIGN SERIOS AN IMPROTENT CAMPAIGNINGS!

Others
And in order to be complete, here are the incumbents who are running, courtesy of Ripard Teg.

1 comment: